I now want this list to display as a web part and only display the "current month" activities. After trying a few methods, I stumbled upon this calculated column to solve my issue.
- First I created all the custom columns, including a Date Column (DateDisplay).
- Then I created a Calculated (calculation based on other columns) Column
- Named it ItemDisplay
- Made it a Content Type
- Inserted the following formula:
- Calculated (calculation based on other columns)
- Finally made the Data Type Return a Single Line of Text.
- Next I added the web part, edited the current view
- Place a filter on it so it shows only Items, "ItemDisplay" is Equal to 1
=IF the current Month of (Today) EQUALS the Month of (DateDisplay)
Then set the value to 1, if not then set it to 0
The Web Part filter will then display only items Equal to 1
EDITED: I haven't been able to make this process automated, but at the beginning of each month, I just edit the current months items, don't make any changes, just save the item and the formula will kick in and display the month as a 1. Hope this makes sense.